Monday, July 16, 2012

Taste of Chicago

My father, sister, and I have a annual tradition of attending the Taste of Chicago. Other than thanksgiving it's the most delicious tradition we have! The Taste is when local Chicago vendors put up tents along Columbus Drive and sell their favorite dishes. Since there are so many vendors it can get tricky deciding what food to spend your money on. My family follows two rules: We have to be adventurous when trying dishes and we must share everything. This way we can taste a lot of different foods without getting too full.



Jerk chicken with red beans and rice at Vee Vee's African restaurant

Irish Eggrolls- Cabbage, mozzarella, and corn beef.

My FAVORITE dish we get every year (Hence why I took the picture after eating most of it)
Mustard fried catfish from BJ's Market


Eating Jollof and Oxtail from Iyanze

Family :)



No comments:

Post a Comment