Sunday, July 1, 2012

Road Trip: Portland to Chicago



After Belize I headed out to Portland with my boyfriend Luke to pack up his apartment and drive his car home. With just one short day in Portland Luke and I decided to eat some good food and relax before our long drive home to Chicago. Luke's brother (an expert on Thai food - he lived in Thailand for a little) recommended the restaurant Chiang Mai. They had the most amazing food (and it was pretty cheap for how much food they serve you). We got the highly recommended Kao Soi - a traditional northern Thai dish - and it was incredible! I find myself craving it now. If you are out in the Portland area you should definitely go! 

When we left Portland we drove up to Seattle and then over to Missoula, MT to visit some friends. The drive was beautiful - full of green trees and snow dusted mountains. We stopped in Seattle to grab some lunch at the Public Market and to pick up trout to cook in Missoula. When I say pick up the fish I really mean have the trout thrown past our heads by the guys at Pike Place Fish Market (which you can see in the video!).

Missoula was filled with breathtaking views, good food, and even better friends. Most of my friends live/go to school out there so it is a treat to get to visit. After Missoula we headed straight back to Chicago - stopping only to sleep or to visit some tourist locations like the Mars Cheese Castle in Wisconsin and the Green Friend Giant statue in Blue Earth, Minnesota. I'll let the quick video above and pictures below speak for our road trip home!

University of Montana Campus
Yummy Artichoke sandwich at Scotty's Table in Missoula


Can you find us?

No comments:

Post a Comment