Monday, July 2, 2012

Art Institute


New Mexico Dining Room-Thorne Mini Rooms

Roy Lichtenstein landscape
Nichols Bridge
Goofin' before some pizza!

My wonderful dear friend Claire!

I have some wonderful news for my fellow Illinois residents...The Art Institute of Chicago is free on Wednesdays!  Luke, a few friends, and myself headed downtown to take advantage of the deal.

I visited my favorite exhibits - the photography exhibit (This Man Ray was my favorite) and the Thorne Miniature rooms! My next stop was the new Roy Lichtenstein exhibit. There were some of his classic comic style paintings but, what I liked the most were his still life's and landscapes. After leaving Lichtenstein I walked past the every so beautiful Nighthawks painting before heading over to the newly opened modern wing!

We only caught a few (literally two) modern exhibits before the AIC closed. Luckily, one of those two ended up being my favorite exhibit of the day. I REALLY recommended seeing Dawoud Bey's collection entitled "Harlem, U.S.A". They were some of the best photographs I have seen in a while,

We then headed out via the Nichols bridge (great view!) to grab some deep dish at Pizano's. It sounds like a touristy day but it is always fun to revisit some classic Chicago spots.

No comments:

Post a Comment