Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July

Photo Credit

The 4th of July is by far my favorite holiday. I get to watch fireworks (one of my favorite things) and my hometown hosts a huge parade! What is even better than the parade is the fact that everyone is outside enjoying the day. Although the temperature was in the 100's yesterday (rare for the midwest) everyone from my town was still out celebrating the holiday. It is always fun to see what type of Americana fashion everyone is wearing. I thought I would share with you all what I wore yesterday!

Due to the weather I wanted to keep my outfit light and easy to wear. I wore this Free People slip - it is one of the most versatile pieces I own. Jean shorts are always a must on the 4th because I can sit on the curb and watch the parade without worrying about ruining my shorts. I then channeled my inner Rosie the Riveter and tied a red bandana in my hair. It was a perfect American-inspired outfit.


I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment