Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Inspiration!

This week has been a little drab. Truthfully, I feel overwhelmed by my senior seminar paper (the main research project for my major) which is due in a few weeks. Yes ... twenty-one days to be exact! So in order to prepare myself for writing my paper there is nothing better than a little inspiration. Since photography is my favorite type of art I went to look at some of Vivian Maier's photographs. If you haven't heard of this wonderful woman go to her website and check out her story. In short, she was a nanny on the north shore of Chicago and her past time was street photography. It wasn't until after her death that John Maloof discovered her slides and made it his project to restore and publish her stunning photographs. She is a serious inspiration! 

Not to mention her amazing self portraits. 
Her use of mirrors and other reflective surfaces is beyond compare.

Vivian Maier's Website

1 comment: