Saturday, January 5, 2013

A New Family Member

When I came home on new years day my mother unexpectedly put me in her car and took me to PetSmart. She informed me that she wanted my opinion on a cat. Now... I am a dog person. I mean a major dog person. Cats have intimidated me and, quite frankly, rubbed me the wrong way. So when she dragged me into a room of cats I was not feelin' it! But then came Oliver...
I immediately fell in love with his big green eyes and the next day we brought him home. Oliver is incredibly sweet - a "head-butter" as they call him which really means he loves rubbing his head against everything. He loves it so much that as I sit here writing this post he's rubbing against my slippers and computer since I can't pet him. Oh wait, now he is climbing on top of my laptop asking for me to pet him. Such a lover!
Apparently he lived in a trailer with a hoarder who decided let him (and her other 6 cats) out into the wild. A group who takes in feral cats found him and decided to bring him to their shelter. I am overjoyed that they brought him in because he is a wonderful addition to our family. Welcome Oliver!! 

"Head-Butting" :)
Our pup confused about our new family member
* Oliver's ear looks a little funny because it has been clipped. The group we adopted him from will go find feral cats, spay/neuter them, give them shots, clip their ears, and send them back into the wild. They clip their ears in order for other rescue groups to know the cats have been taken care of. If the feral cats are friendly and seem like good house cats, like Oliver, they will take them into their shelter and try and find them a forever home.

3 comments:

  1. yay for oliver!!!! i cant wait to meet him! head butter! so cute! its also a way cats hug humans! luna does it to my face each morning. and kate, u know u love cats. its just that your body doesnt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWWWWWW so cuuuuuute. I call what he does "head booping" though hahaha. It's like how cats give you a hug :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at his whiskers! So majestic

    ReplyDelete