Thursday, June 20, 2013

Weekend Trip - Ann Arbor, MI


Last Wednesday I received a facebook invite from my grand friend Emily to attend her housewarming party in Ann Arbor, MI.  I sighed and thought to myself I would love too, but it's too far away and I have responsibilities and yada yada yada. I was about to click decline when Luke reminded me that it was my weekend off from work and we should just go. "We'll make a weekend of it," he said, and that is just what we did! I haven't taken a spontaneous trip in a while and, quiet honestly, it was the best decision I have made in a while. We spent the weekend going out for drinks, eating delicious meals, wandering around farmers markets, and playing with Emily's cute cat Boone! On the way back from MI we stopped at the Indiana Sand Dunes for a quick swim. Luckily, we visited the Dunes before this happened... Yikes!! Finally, we topped the weekend off by seeing Lord Huron and Milo Green at Taste of Randolph. I couldn't have asked for a better weekend off! A big thank you to Luke for being our spontaneous plan maker and to Emily for being an unbelievable host!


Just letting Boone hang out - see what I did there ;)
The beach and Sangria! What more could a girl ask for?!

No comments:

Post a Comment