Friday, March 22, 2013

Hiking the Eagle Creek Trail


Luke and I decided to go hiking the first full day I was in Portland. We thought hey, we will wake up at 7am, get a hike in before his class, and start my visit off right. What a thought that was! When the alarm went off the next morning we ignored it (naturally) and didn't get to the eagle creek trail until around 2pm. But hey, hiking is wonderful at anytime of the day - right?! I'll let the pictures tell the story of our beautiful afternoon. My goodness how I had missed breathtaking nature. Memphis - I love ya, but you are lacking in that department for sure.

behind a little waterfall
Luke has jumped off the cliff above that waterfall! Its an 80ft jump! He promises it wasn't as roaring (which is good because that is dangerous!) 

picnic spot
tofu wrap my man made me :)
Here is a little bonus story: I had instagrammed a picture of the hike and the Free People store I work at back home asked to repost it. As if that wasn't flattering enough, Free People corporate reposted it to their instagram! It was an I'm blushing and gushing and jumping and hugging Luke kind of moment. Proud mama over here!



No comments:

Post a Comment