Thursday, February 14, 2013

Do Small Things With Great Love


As a child I loved going to school on February 14th for the sole reason of exchanging valentines. I can still remember the best valentine I ever received - an envelope filled with candy that had a hand drawn glitter airplane on it. After school my sister and I would have friends over to decorate valentines and eat sweets. I was taught growing up that valentines day was about being with the people you love the most and letting them know you care. It is still one of my favorite holidays for that reason. So remember that today should be about the love you feel for the people in your life! Well, today is also about chocolate because who doesn't want an excuse to eat lots of chocolate (or homemade gingerbread cookies your mom shipped you because she has been and always will be the best valentine... sorry Luke!)

What will I be doing on this lovely day? Missing my family and boyfriend but appreciating the wonderful people around me. Eating truffles for dinner. Listening to The Lumineers album on repeat because I think its so beautiful. Now go show the ones you care about some love :)

No comments:

Post a Comment