Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Cooper-Young Festival

Memphis rocks! Thats all I have to say.

On Friday night a few girls and I went to listen to free music at the Levitt Shell. You should definitely click that link and read about its history - Elvis performed the first ever rock and roll show in the shell!

Sorry for the iPhone quality-my camera battery died right when we got there :(

Saturday was the ever so popular Cooper-Young Fest! In their own words the Festival is "a true celebration of the arts, people, culture and Memphis heritage." Streets around the Cooper Young district are lined with vendors of all sorts - music, crafts, food, and drink! It's a celebration of Memphis and its wonderful people :) I purchased an awesome ceramic flask (seriously so cool!) and a necklace made from various pieces of antique jewelry. I'll show you pictures of those later, but for now here are some shots of the weekend :)











No comments:

Post a Comment