Friday, October 26, 2012

DIY: No sew superhero cape

I love fun and cheap halloween costumes - but really who doesn't?! This year I decided to save the world and be a superhero! The only thing I needed was an awesome cape. So I came up with an easy DIY cape - a no sew and no glue cape! I thought I'd share it with you guys in case you needed an easy last minute costume!



Materials Needed-
-1.5 yards of any fabric you want
-5 ft of any colored ribbon
-Scissors!

First: Pick out an awesome fabric!

Second: Fold one of the edges of the fabric over 1 inch


Third: Cut slits into the fold of the fabric. Each slit should be about 1 inch apart.


Fourth: Unfold your fabric and begin weaving your ribbon through the slits.


Fifth: Gather the fabric towards the center.

Finally: Tie it around your neck and go save the world!



I paired my cape with a bright blue shift dress to keep it girlie! Unfortunately I only took a picture of my whole costume on my iPhone so it's poor quality. But here is my finished look! Happy Halloween everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment